The humorous novel gives us the opportunity to laugh at ourselves.
1. What is the theme of this story that makes it so humourous? Relate the humour in the story to a real situation that happened to you or to someone else you know.
2. Choose 5 words in the story that are funny. Find 3 synonyms for each word
3. Choose a scene from the story and rewrite it as a comic strip. (Hint: There should be a punch line at the end.)
4. Think of the age and gender this type of humour appropriate for. Why does it appeal to this group?
5. Retell the main events in the story using few words, mainly pictures. Write captions under the pictures to give the main idea and sequence of the story.